Supplier Technical Assistance Engineer
We are currently recruiting a Supplier Technical Assistance Engineer to join the Quality department at company headquarters in Shoreham-By-Sea. The business is rapidly growing and as such is the ideal environment for a candidate looking for career progression and involvement in an industry-changing product from an early stage.
Reporting to the Lead Supplier Quality Engineer, the successful candidate will be to help develop and improve its key suppliers, in support of the increasing Production volumes of its ground-breaking V8 diesel outboard engine in 2022.
Duties Include –
- Working closely with Procurement Team, you will carry out a gap analysis audit that will form the basis of the action plan.
- Support the supplier capability studies and run@rate activities; coach and train the supplier’s operations teams in practical problem solving.
- Planning and prioritising activities and an ability to operate with a level of autonomy.
- Quality tools and methods, including 8D, Ishikawa, 5-Why, Pareto, etc.
Understanding / interpretation of engineering drawings (GD&T).
The ideal candidate will –
- Relevant IATF 16949:2016-related knowledge, experience and/or qualifications:
- VDA 6.3 auditing
- Lead Assessor
- AIAG Automotive Core Tools
- Previously worked as a Supplier Technical Assistance Engineer and/or Supplier Development Engineer in the automotive sector or equivalent.
- Metrology equipment and inspection methods.
Degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent and/or recognised Quality Management qualification
The role offers a salary of £48,000k.
If you are interested in the role, please contact Isabella Nally at the Manchester Office or apply using the link.
Torque Consulting is a leading supplier of recruitment and headhunting services into the Engineering, Aerospace, Automotive, Defence, Oil & Gas and Life Sciences. We pride ourselves on providing a service that leaves the personal touch while ensuring efficiency. If the position is not entirely suited to your professional experience, location, or financial expectations, please get in touch with a member of our team to find out about other opportunities. Both Torque Consulting and our client are equal opportunity employers and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to the Job Board