Supplier Quality Engineer
We are currently recruiting a Supplier Quality Engineer to join the Quality department at company headquarters in Shoreham-By-Sea. The company offers an exciting and fast-paced environment where innovative and unusual ideas are actively encouraged.
The business is rapidly growing and as such is the ideal environment for a candidate looking for career progression and involvement in an industry-changing product from an early stage.
Reporting to the Lead Supplier Quality Engineer, the successful candidate will be responsible for assuring the quality of components and subassemblies delivered from its global supply chain, as well as working with the suppliers and Buyers to improve component quality and delivery.
Duties Include –
- Conducting vendor assessment and supplier surveillance audits.
- Ensuring that PPAPs are reviewed and approved in a timely manner.
- Maintaining the component PPAP database and updating departmental KPIs.
- Organising internal/external measurements as necessary to validate PPAPs.
- Assisting suppliers develop and maintain Component Quality Plans, as necessary.
- Raising reject notes and requesting 8D reports from the supplier.
- Creating and maintaining component inspection plans.
The ideal candidate will –
- Hold an ISO 9001:2015 qualification.
- Previously worked as a Supplier Quality Engineer and/or Supplier Development Engineer in the automotive sector or equivalent.
- In-depth working knowledge of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP).
- Well versed in quality tools and methods, including but not limited to 8D, Ishikawa, 5-Why, SPC, Pareto, etc.
- Metrology, inspection methods and equipment.
- Understanding and interpretation of engineering drawings.
- Planning and prioritising activities and an ability to operate with a level of autonomy.
- Ability to present data accurately and effectively.
The role offers a salary from £40,000k – £45,000k.
If you are interested in the role, please contact Isabella Nally at the Manchester Office or apply using the link.
Torque Consulting is a leading supplier of recruitment and headhunting services into the Engineering, Aerospace, Automotive, Defence, Oil & Gas and Life Sciences. We pride ourselves on providing a service that leaves the personal touch while ensuring efficiency. If the position is not entirely suited to your professional experience, location, or financial expectations, please get in touch with a member of our team to find out about other opportunities. Both Torque Consulting and our client are equal opportunity employers and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to the Job Board