JOB TITLE: Senior FPGA Engineer
REPORTING TO: FPGA Engineering Manager
DIRECT REPORTS: None
The Senior FPGA Engineer is responsible for the whole or an assigned portion of a design from preliminary specification through to verified firmware. The Senior FPGA Engineer provides expert knowledge of firmware design, test and verification.
- To use good engineering practice to produce Firmware for new, innovative and profitable products and solutions for the business.
- To support and enhance existing Firmware in accordance with business and commercial requirements.
- To undertake defining a set of requirements for a feature/bug fix up to system level; design and document a solution that meets the requirements; and, implement, test and verify the design meets the requirements with supported test evidence.
- To undertake design, implementation and debugging of VHDL based FPGA hardware.
- To undertake design and development of test benches and vectors to verify VHDL based FPGA.
- To write technical documentation including requirement specifications, test specification and functional description.
- Will be expected to take responsibility of a small project/work package. This will involve scoping the task and defining resources together with estimated time scales. Project ownership will involve monitoring project progress and reporting to stake holders.
- To be knowledgeable of HENSOLT UK working polices and implement them. Advise junior members of the team of the practices they should be following.
- To be responsible for building a Software/Firmware package for release; including: configuring the release, raising the appropriate documentation and chairing the release meeting.
- Technical liaison within and outside HENSOLDT UK with customers, suppliers and collaborators on Firmware related matters.
- To be able to use test equipment such as: oscilloscopes, spectrum analysers, signal generators, etc. to test hardware on the bench running your implemented Firmware and verify it operates as expected.
- Mentoring of junior members of the team and providing construct feedback in code/document reviews.
- To conduct appropriate Design Reviews of FPGA design and VHDL implementation.
- To take part in higher-level product definition and design review activity, providing expert input from an FPGA perspective.
- To promote the business of HENSOLDT UK within appropriate forums.
- Travel within the UK may be required, and is considered an occasional feature of this role. This could be required at short notice.
- To undertake other tasks as required by more senior management.
- The job holder will be expected to comply with any reasonable operational instruction or procedures relating to Company policies, reporting and controls. In particular Section 7 of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 provides a duty on every employee, while at work, to take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of other persons who may be affected by their acts or omissions at work.
- It also places a duty on employees to cooperate with their employer so far as is necessary to enable their duties to be complied with including the appropriate use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Failure to comply with this duty may result in the Company invoking the disciplinary procedure
- 5 or more years’ experience working on FPGA designs
- Proven track record of producing designs on time and within budget.
- Good command of written and verbal English.
- Experience working on Radar or related DSP applications.
- An excellent Masters or Bachelors Degree from a good university
Back to the Job Board