Project Manager, EV and Renewable Energy Solutions – Full time, Permanent
We are a nationwide, multi-disciplinary, company looking for an experienced and ambitious Project Manager to deliver Renewable Energy Solutions – Solar PV and battery storage – alongside our current EV work. This includes design, project management, installer network development, and client management to our current and emerging client base. Commercial and technical experience of the EV and renewables sector are essential together with a passion for developing this market sector.
Through our Electrical, Protection, Electric Vehicle and Managed Services divisions we consistently focus on excellence in delivery to our clients by developing depth in expertise in our teams, to do this we make getting the right people our priority. We are Midlands based.
Professional, self- motivated, enjoy taking the initiative and working as part of a growing business?
We are looking for a project manager who:
- Thrives on delivery in a fast paced team and individual environment
- Takes the initiative to manage risk and communication in their everyday work
- Sets themselves high professional standards and are ambitious for their future
- Wants to work with managers and directors to continue to expand the business
- Wants to expand their knowledge of their work and the industry
Level is growing, with this comes opportunities for you, we provide:
- A competitive salary, holiday entitlement, company pension and vehicle allowance
- Support from a management team to deliver a professional service
- Support to build your skills and career
- An expanding business with a management team focused on working with, and developing, the right people
- Qualified to NVQ Level 3 or equivalent, 2391 qualification and possess 18th edition
- 5 years min experience in design, installation and project management of commercial installation electrical projects
- Technical knowledge of the renewable industry including Solar PV and Battery Storage systems, and industry standards
- Knowledge of electrical design programs i.e. Amtech/Trimble or single Cable Calculator
- Fully conversant with and works within Health and Safety regulations, including RAMs
- Expectation to travel nationwide according to project requirements, and client and site meeting schedules
- Clean driving licence
- Strong track record in delivery of EV and renewable commercial projects from concept through to completion, meeting business objectives of time, quality, cost and client satisfaction in systems installations
- Proven record of working in a fast-paced, flexible environment acting on own initiative and contributing to a team focused environment
- Working knowledge of installation, maintenance and repair of complex hardware and software, including charging stations and back-office reporting, and the ability to trouble shoot
- Good understanding of civil engineering and street works to be able to liaise with sub-contractors
- Understanding of DNO processes, electrical utility networks and technical knowledge of HV and LV electrical works
- Excellent communication skills with client, engineers, sub-contractors and management team
- Consistent management and reporting of risk on behalf of the client and the company
Torque Consulting is a leading supplier of recruitment and headhunting services into the Engineering, Aerospace, Automotive, Defence, Oil & Gas and Life Sciences. We pride ourselves on providing a service that leaves the personal touch while ensuring efficiency. If the position is not entirely suited to your professional experience, location, or financial expectations, please get in touch with a member of our team to find out about other opportunities. Both Torque Consulting and our client are equal opportunity employers and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to the Job Board