We are currently looking for a Project Engineer for an automotive company based in the Leicestershire area. You will work within the Chassis team and with the wider cross functional team, to deliver new models on time, on budget and to meet performance requirements.
Collaborating with both in-house manufacturing teams and external suppliers you will own the design process, working flexibly with Industrial Design, Product Strategy and Sourcing teams, whilst ensuring conformity to regulatory requirements.
Duties Include –
- Engineer systems and components for new and updated chassis projects, considering functions, cost, manufacturing, assembly and quality.
- Produce 3D CAD models to a high standard.
- Plan and oversee the delivery of many major chassis subassemblies or systems within the requirements of the company’s New Product Introduction (NPI) system.
- Have an in-depth understanding of the application of regulatory requirements for motorcycle or automotive industries.
- Assist in drafting & updating Chassis design and development procedures.
- Design components and systems to comply with regulatory requirements and internal test procedures.
- Represent the design team in interdepartmental meetings in the absence of the manager or Team manager.
The ideal candidate will –
- Several years experiences directly managing a small (1-3) team of engineers.
- A demonstrable track record in engineering design of components and subassemblies.
- Proficient in 3D CAD, preferably Creo.
- Experienced in designing to a multitude of manufacturing process constraints.
The role offers a salary from £48,000k – £52,000k.
If you are interested in the role, please contact Isabella Nally at the Manchester Office or apply using the link.
Torque Consulting is a leading supplier of recruitment and headhunting services into the Engineering, Aerospace, Automotive, Defence, Oil & Gas and Life Sciences. We pride ourselves on providing a service that leaves the personal touch while ensuring efficiency. If the position is not entirely suited to your professional experience, location, or financial expectations, please get in touch with a member of our team to find out about other opportunities. Both Torque Consulting and our client are equal opportunity employers and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to the Job Board