Automotive – West Midlands
The purpose of the role is to work as part of a skilled, flexible team that will support a range of activities currently undertaken within NMI, Quality and Production Improvement. The role will support and implement projects that will improve the sites cost competitiveness and levels of customer satisfaction.
The main duties of the role include:
- Achieve annual appraisal targets in safety, productivity, cost saving, and quality improvements.
- Supporting NMI Project Leaders with New Model Introduction launches and developing quality assurance documents (FMEA, Control Plan etc)
- Running problem solving analysis to identify ‘root cause’ and countermeasure.
- Managing Manufacturing cost improvement projects as part of the sites Operational Cost Savings initiative
- Supporting the Quality Department with resolutions to manufacturing issues.
- Supporting the IATF/TS 16949 accreditation programme (including the Management system reviews and the internal audit system)
- Contributing to the sites audit programme by conducting Process audits
- Coordinating with Manufacturing sites regarding internal quality defects
- Any additional activities, management see as appropriate to the requirement of the role
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience of running complex projects to challenging timescales, taking responsibility for achieving objects and targets, utilising GANT charts, Action Plans etc
- Strong analytical/data management skills
- Experience using statistical packages such as Minitab.
- Experience of Automotive glazing systems and six sigma methodologies
- A flexible ‘will do’ attitude with the ability to challenge current processes and suggest improvements to generate further efficiencies
- A background in Engineering / Manufacturing is also preferable
- Proven Track record of continuous improvement and Lean Manufacturing
If you are interested in this position please contact Henry Stevens at the Manchester office or apply through the link.
Torque Consulting is a leading supplier of recruitment and headhunting services into the Engineering, Aerospace, Automotive, Defence, Oil & Gas and Life Sciences. We pride ourselves on providing a service that leaves the personal touch while ensuring efficiency. If the position is not entirely suited to your professional experience, location, or financial expectations, please get in touch with a member of our team to find out about other opportunities. Both Torque Consulting and our client are equal opportunity employers and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to the Job Board