Mechanical Design Engineer – Scarborough
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to join a company in Scarborough.
The primary role of the Mechanical Design Engineer is to undertake UPS mechanical design activities as directed by the company.
- Generate mechanical and/or panel layout designs to information detailed in the customer and companies specified requirements.
- Produce layout designs on the companies 2D AutoCAD and 3D SolidWorks CAD systems.
- Undertake design activities within the companies laid down design, document issue and control procedures.
Experience using AutoCAD software package is required as a minimum and 3D SolidWorKs is a desirable attribute. Microsoft office including Outlook/Word/Excel/Power point & basic understanding of Microsoft project is also required as a minimum.
Experience working on the design of UPS systems and/or industrial Generators is highly desirable and design knowledge of the following would be highly advantageous: –
- Understanding of sheet metal design
- Control panels
- Metal enclosure fabrication
- Interpretation of electrical schematic diagrams
If you’re interested in this position please contact Ben Fretwell at the Manchester office or apply through the link below.
Torque Consulting is a leading supplier of recruitment and headhunting services into the Engineering, Aerospace, Automotive, Defence, Oil & Gas and Life Sciences. We pride ourselves on providing a service that leaves the personal touch while ensuring efficiency. If the position is not entirely suited to your professional experience, location, or financial expectations, please get in touch with a member of our team to find out about other opportunities. Both Torque Consulting and our client are equal opportunity employers and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to the Job Board