Design Engineer – Generators
We are currently recruiting for a design engineer with previous generator experience. This role is based in Scarborough, but you have the option to work remote. Previous experience with solid works is required.
Ideal candidate will have the following:
- A suitable qualification (HND or higher) in Mechanical Engineering and/or 3 years in a similar mechanical design role is required as a minimum for this role.
- Experience using AutoCAD software package is required as a minimum and 3D Solidworks is desirable. Creation of BOMs using EFACs and PDM to allow Supply Chain to order components is a minimum requirement and creating and attaching detailed technical specifications for complex components for Generators to allow suppliers to adhere to complex design requirements and standards.
- Experience working on the design of complex industrial Generators is highly desirable and design knowledge of the following would be highly advantageous: –
- A minimum of 3 years industrial generator design experience.
- Container (standard and bespoke) internal and external layout design.
- Noise reduction calculations and design.
- Fuel system design including Tank and pipework design.
- Produce P&IDs for the Fuel/Coolant/Heat & Fire systems.
- Fire suppression systems (CO2, water de-mist, Inergen) is desirable.
- Internal and external exhaust system design.
- Cooling systems.
- Site surveying.
- Understanding of sheet metal design.
Salary varies on experience £27,000 – £35,000.
If you are interested, please contact Kaitlin Williams at the Manchester office, or apply via the link.
Torque Consulting is a leading supplier of recruitment and headhunting services into the Engineering, Aerospace, Automotive, Defence, Oil & Gas and Life Sciences. We pride ourselves on providing a service that leaves the personal touch while ensuring efficiency. If the position is not entirely suited to your professional experience, location, or financial expectations, please get in touch with a member of our team to find out about other opportunities. Both Torque Consulting and our client are equal opportunity employers and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to the Job Board