Salary: £45,000 – £50,0000
Hours: Monday – Friday 8:30-17:00
(37.5hrs per week)
Wanting to work with a well-established and innovative business? Look no further
I’m currently looking for a Manufacturing Engineer who wants to manufacture a revolutionary product solving one of the UKs most current issues. Working with a dynamic, established, and innovative team
- Look at the performance of existing manufacturing processes, using techniques to drive performance improvement
- Use of hand and power tools to improve current and new processes
- Able to deliver new products by design, specify and implement new manufacturing process.
- Source, configure and specify such external equipment, required for the manufacturing process.
- Preparation of business documentation to justify necessary capital expenditure to achieve agreed business plan.
- Define and execute correct maintenance and condition monitoring regimes to guarantee agreed targets are hit.
- Experience of manufacturing,
- Understanding of Lean and Agile manufacturing
- Direct experience of working in a constant improvement environment
- Planning of effective business cases for the explanation of capital expenditure
- Experience of specifying and implementing machine tools, automation, and materials handling equipment
- Able to read and interpret engineering drawings. Ability to use 2D and 3D CAD is an advantage but not required.
- Experience of CNC, robotics, and automation
- Basic maintenance skills
Qualifications & Training:
- A good degree in an engineering or science based.
- English and Maths pass at GCSE
Qualities & Attitude:
- Positive attitude
- Ablating to work effectively without close supervision
- Excellent communications skills (oral, written and using PowerPoint)
- Ability to work as part of a multi-functional team, respecting alternative professional skills and opinions
- Skilled in the use of IT equipment and common office e.g., Microsoft Office suite and email.
If you are interested in the position, please contact Rebecca at our Manchester office or apply through the link.
Torque Consulting is a leading supplier of recruitment and headhunting services into the Engineering, Aerospace, Automotive, Defence, Oil & Gas and Life Sciences. We pride ourselves on providing a service that leaves the personal touch while ensuring efficiency. If the position is not entirely suited to your professional experience, location, or financial expectations, please get in touch with a member of our team to find out about other opportunities. Both Torque Consulting and our client are equal opportunity employers and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to the Job Board