Automotive – Leicestershire
This role forms part of the wider Design team, taking the lead on specific projects and components, helping to shape the future of the product portfolio. The ideal candidate will have experience in defining major components, assemblies and systems from concept to production, ensuring fulfilment of product attributes and requirements against targets. Candidates should be able to apply and propagate design and development experience throughout the projects and manage the workload and technical development of a small group of engineers, assisting the Design Team Leader in effectively managing the team.
- Manage key aspects of new model development product range.
- Ownership and coordination of product development and testing activities to support both
- Support and mentor a small team (1-3 people) of Design Engineers across two global locations
- Ensuring that drawings are checked for accordance to standards.
- Plan and oversee the timely delivery of many product subassemblies or systems within the requirements of the company’s New Product Introduction (NPI) system.
- Design systems and components for new and updated projects, considering function, cost, manufacture, assembly and quality.
- Produce good quality 3D CAD models using Creo.
- Produce good quality 2D engineering drawings to a high standard.
- Follow and help maintain design, operational and quality procedures.
- Past experience in engineering design of components and subassemblies.
- Good knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Experience of creating and releasing 2D technical drawings to ASME Y14.5-2009
- Understanding of geometric tolerances on 2D drawings. to ASME Y14.5-2009
- Practical experience of vehicle maintenance and preparation is advantageous.
If you are interested in this role please contact Henry Stevens at the Manchester Office or apply through the link.
Torque Consulting is a leading supplier of recruitment and headhunting services into the Engineering, Aerospace, Automotive, Defence, Oil & Gas and Life Sciences. We pride ourselves on providing a service that leaves the personal touch while ensuring efficiency. If the position is not entirely suited to your professional experience, location, or financial expectations, please get in touch with a member of our team to find out about other opportunities. Both Torque Consulting and our client are equal opportunity employers and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to the Job Board