Torque Consulting are currently seeking an Electrical Design Engineer to a client of ours based in Sheffield.
The Electrical Design Engineer will provide electrical designs to the latest standards for a variety of electrical control panels for the business. You will have knowledge and understanding of low to high voltage industrial, rail electrical and oil and gas distribution equipment within a contract-based environment. You will also ensure compliance to the latest standards and provide all required documentation for the control panels.
Reporting to the Head of Engineering, the main responsibilities include:
- Electrical design of products within required timescales
- Production of general arrangement drawings, single line diagrams and schematic diagrams of the control panels
- Create part numbers and structure products on time in full and without errors
- Provide advice and assistance to enable the company to comply with all relevant technical standards, such as Machinery Directive, Low Voltage Directive and EMC Directive as a minimum
- Act as the central hub in the compilation of all Technical Files and Operating Manuals
- Provide support and assistance to the Service Department in the design of upgrade opportunities for legacy equipment
- Provide support and assistance to the production department whilst the control panel build is progressing
- Comply with all Company policies, procedures and work instructions, including health and safety
- Comply with and promote the Company’s values and behaviours
- Carry out other reasonable duties requested by management
- Proficient in using IT systems, including Microsoft Office and Autocad Electrical
- Experienced in the design of electrical control panels and motor control from customer specifications
- Experienced in the design of medium voltage distribution and switchboards up to and including 11kv utilisation voltage
- Familiar with British standards
- Proven experience in a similar role
- High attention to detail with strong organisational skills
If you think you are suitable please apply below.
Back to the Job Board