Torque Consulting are currently seeking a Bid Manager for a client of ours based in Sheffield, our client is a nationwide manufacturer of switchgear for various hazardous environments.
We require a candidate that will be responsible for commercial aspect of tenders, Bids writing, monitoring of bid vs actual costs, maximising profit and ensuring compliance.
We need the following.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Completion of PQQ documents and Tenders
- Managing and responding to clarifications
- Produce detailed commercial bids including technical, contractual, costing and pricing information
- Support the drive for improvement in profitability through commercial entrepreneurialism and innovative thinking.
- Supplying detailed and accurate records of all bids/contracts including action logs, variations and timing plans
- Working alongside Sales Team to develop new business – some onsite work
- Minimise the Company’s exposure to commercial and legal risk by ensuring the best possible contractual terms and conditions, payment terms.
- Liaise with key suppliers & Sub contractors
- Carry out other reasonable duties as requested
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICIATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering
- Experience of LV and MV Electrical panels & Switchgear
- Experience of project-based organisations
- Proven experience in a similar role
- Strong ENGLISH Writing ability
- High attention to detail
- SME experience
- Proficient in using IT systems, including Microsoft Office
- High attention to detail with strong organisational skills
- Pro-active attitude and problem resolution
If you think you are suitable the please apply below.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £35,000.00-£40,000.00 per year
Back to the Job Board