Role: Advanced Research Engineer
Salary: £34,000 – £42,000
Location: Coventry or Liverpool
SHORTLISTING CANDIDATES THIS WEEK, APPLY FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION
Are you looking to work for an industry leading technology hub, who have paved the way for Research and Development for UK manufacturing and successfully bridge the gap between academia and the industry?
The Advanced Research engineer will focus on the technical delivery of projects and support the development of project related activities across a number of technology departments and sectors.
Key skills they are looking for:
- Excellent technical analysis skills including the thorough understanding of electrical systems, electronics, PLC programming to IEC 61131, motors, drives, and use of COTS product related to manufacturing systems.
- Siemens, Allen-Bradley, Beckhoff or similar product experience, and application of these in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Experience producing electrical schematics, calculations and other associated electrical documentation in relation to the manufacturing of either low/medium/high voltage equipment, ideally in E-Plan or Solidworks Electrical.
- Understanding of electrical standards, e.g. IEC (phone number removed), PUWER, Machinery Directive, ideally a Certified Machine Safety Expert (CSME), understanding and application of Safety Integrity Level (SIL).
- Working experience in a programming language (Structured text, Python, C/C++ or C#). Micro controller or other hardware programming experience is also favourable.
- Ideal – experience using LabVIEW and experience using National Instrument or similar products.
- A BSc or BEng degree in electronics engineering, mechatronics, systems, electrical engineering or other relevant topic.
Torque Consulting is a leading supplier of recruitment and headhunting services into the Engineering, Aerospace, Automotive, Defence, Oil & Gas, Technology and Life Sciences. We pride ourselves on providing a service that leaves the personal touch while ensuring efficiency. If the position is not entirely suited to your professional experience, location, or financial expectations, please get in touch with a member of our team to find out about other opportunities. Both Torque Consulting and our client are equal opportunity employers and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to the Job Board